Friday 9 October 2015

Maybelline Lumi Touch....

When i first heard of that craze for 'highlighter/ concealer pens' which was of course started off by the infamous YSL Touche Eclat, it really wasn't something that appealed to me. I like quite a lot of coverage from my concealers and i really can't be bothered dealing with having to apply two layers of something to cover my dark circles. I'd rather just pop something under my eyes that was a little paler for my skin, so it acted like a highlighter but has decent coverage. 

This product was actually something i picked up because it was on offer and i thought i should probably give at least one a shot. And after trying a couple more since including a Bourjois one, i can definitely say this is my favourite and as I'm running dangerously close to running out, i will definitely repurchase at full price. 

There isn't a lot to say about these sort of products; it does what it says on the tin. This product does have coverage that i really like, it's super creamy and blends really nicely into the skin but isn't too watery to make it patchy so it does cover pretty well. It doesn't need building up and i haven't found that its heavy enough to fall into fine lines, which we all undoubtedly have. 
The highlighter properties in this are really lovely for me. It's definitely not glittery but just gives a really subtle glow to the undereyes and anywhere it is applied. It just lifts and corrects without looking over the top, and just gives you that 'awake' look even when you haven't slept and feel pretty grim (tried and tested). Just a warning however, if your planning to use this as a highlighter alone, this won't give you that super glowy look that a lot of people like, but for under my eyes, this is pretty much the perfect amount of light for me.

And as these products go, this is not too pricey. Maybelline obviously isn't a super cheap makeup line but again, it's probably middle of the road within the drugstore. And I've found that the products i have tried from them have generally been pretty consistently good. Concealer is one of those things i don't try a lot of because they tend to be a little more expensive and each tube lasts a long time. But this, i really do enjoy and am glad i tried this and stepped out of my comfort zone. I do only use this under my eyes and occasionally round my nose when i need a bit of extra coverage because you don't really want to highlight imperfections.
This concealer thing has lasted me a really long time too, and i use it quite liberally, so i think it's worth the money spent on it and the packaging might not be as amazing as some of the others available but the product inside is one of my favourites of the moment so to be honest i don't care.

So in all, i'd defiantly try a couple of these if you have the opportunity because i don't think it is a one size fits all situation with these sorts of products and i think with a little look around, you might find something suitable for your skin and your preferences. This experience has made me a little more curious to try the Touche Eclat but i don't know if i can justify the price for curiosity. 

Thanks for reading guys, i'm trying really hard to get a little more consistency in my blogging because i'm really enjoying it at the moment but i don't have a lot of time and am super busy all the time. 

Thanks for reading guys,

Jo x





No comments:

Post a Comment