Saturday 17 October 2015

Bourjois Healthy Balance...

I don't tend to switch out my powders that often but i picked this one up out of interest a couple of weeks ago when i had boots points burning a hole in my pocket. I like a matte finish from my makeup and i'd heard good things about this powder. I picked up the lightest shade they had, which is another change for me as i normally go for translucent powders just out of safety but this one is really a good light colour that adds just a tiny bit of depth to my makeup without looking cakey.

Bourjois is not a brand i have tried a lot from, but recently i've been finding that i am increasingly enjoying their base products specifically. I have a couple of other products i enjoy from the brand but this is the standout at the moment. The powder itself feels really silky and is really finely milled, and when it's being applied, it layers beautifully. With my skin, i can't wear really heavy powders designed for oil control as, with having dry skin, i'd end up with horrible flaky skin, but i do like something to set my base and to mattify slightly. This one is perfect for this as it's light enough to not leave me with super dry skin but just enough 'powder' to matte me down and set my powder, (which lasts a really long time as a result if you were wondering).


Another thing i love about this powder is the scent. I know that sounds ridiculous as powders normally are unscented and just smell like, you know, powder. But this one has a super light fruity scent that's subtle enough to be nice and fresh but heavy enough to smell amazing. I believe it smells similar to the healthy mix foundations as well, but i haven't tried them so i couldn't tell you, although they are on my to-try list as i've heard great things! 

A criticism that i would mention however, is the colour range. I believe there are only four colours but the problem with this is, the lightest shade, 'Vanille' which i have, is a tiny bit too dark for me when I'm super pale. So for you pale guys and girls out there, this may be a bit of an issue, which is a shame as it's such a nice product. I would also say that i'm pretty sure that this powder does oxidise slightly and gets a little darker as the day goes on which is not the best thing but then, it's not all that much and i don't really think you can notice it unless you were 1. super super pale or 2. looking for it. But it's worth being aware of.


My skin is prone to breakouts and doesn't tend to like new products but i can safely say that my skin did not react badly at all to this powder, which is a surprise to be honest. And i do really enjoy it too. This is definitely now the powder i reach for on a day to day basis and it makes my skin feel lovely afterwards as it definitely takes down shine but doesn't affect my skin's dryness or breakouts.

I'd recommend this for drier girls like me, if you have oily skin, i don't know whether it'd be any good for oil control but despite this, all in all it's a really nice powder for day to day use. This powder is £9 which is a little more then i normally spend on a powder, but i do really enjoy it and i would repurchase this once it ran out but i may have to try a few more powders before i go running out for this again, purely because although it's really nice, it's still not totally perfect and if I'm paying a little more for it, i want it to be spot on. I'm also definitely trying some more bits and bobs from bourjois in the coming weeks as it's a brand that has only recently starting to interest me, but now i'm a bit into it, hopefully i'll find some more gems that i'll love!

Thanks for reading guys, 

Jo x 

No comments:

Post a Comment