Saturday 31 October 2015

7 Lips in 7 Days: Maybelline Creamy Mattes "Divine Wine"

Day 5
Happy Halloween!
I'm sorry i've fallen a little behind with my posts, i had my assessment appointment with my doctor for my surgery yesterday and it all meant that everything got a bit late. But hey, I'm back and i'm going to get two posts up today so we're back on track. 

This lipstick is one that i picked up out of interest of the hype from America, of course with their twenty shades available there, they are raved of and several bloggers i have read really rate them. So when they arrived here, i was really excited to give them a try and i picked up this one thinking i can't really go wrong with the colour as it's exactly up my street. I realised afterwards that it is a really great dupe (although it initially doesn't look like it in the bullet) for my all time favourite lipstick, Mac Diva. So if your looking for that shade and don't want to splash out on Mac, then there is a really nice dupe for the colour and the finish. 
Since then, i got one of these bad boys for my birthday in the lighter red colour and i really like that one as well, so i can say with a bit of a pinch of salt, that they have definitely been pretty consistent so far.  And my first impressions are great.

The formula of these lipsticks is comparable to the Revlon Matte Balms in my opinion, although i think these might even be a tad creamier in consistency, and i would say that they don't last as long in my opinion. However, they are super comfortable for a matte lip and i would go as far to say that for me, they are even creamier then just an average normal lipstick. They apply really well and evenly and the colour is reasonably opaque, although i would say if you want a really striking deep colour that they do need building up a little. But i quite like this, as it means that you have a little bit of variation in the colour, depending on the day, the place and the occasion. 

They do wear really evenly too, and don't deteriorate in any specific areas first. This of course means that even if you don't reapply, you don't have to worry too much about the lipstick leaving a horrible stain on the lips and looking messy. Like i said before, these aren't too long wearing and will need touching up, but wearing a liner does improve wear time, and i can live with this, especially if my lips are feeling particularly dry, like they are at the moment  and they can't quite cope with the Mac alternative.
I would say however for the record, that due to the super creamy nature of the lipsticks, they can  be a bit messy and do not set at all, meaning that they can be a bit smeary and on my lips, i can't say they actually bleed, but i could see the potentially to, so i would use a liner if you are using a darker shade such as this one.



I must say that this is one of my favourite lips for this time of year and i really enjoy darker shades and this one is definitely up there. I am really exited for more of the range to come over so i can try some more shades as there are definitely some nudes that i have been eyeing up that are available in America currently. I would recommend you try these out if you are after a matte formula that isn't going to dry your lips out, which is the struggle we all face at this time of year. They are priced at £6.99 which doesn't break the bank for a lip product like this and i think they are worth trying if you are in the market.

Thankyou for reading guys! 
Jo x 

No comments:

Post a Comment