Tuesday 6 October 2015

Maybelline Lash Sensational...

I'm really fussy with mascara and there isn't many that i actually really enjoy using. This one however, is very different for me. I personally think that with mascara, very little is down to the actual formula, what makes one mascara different to another is wholly the wand. And it definitely is not a one size fits all when it comes to what works for each person. 

This one i picked up when another blogger brought it to my attention and raved about it.I've been using this for quite a while now and i must admit i don't use it every day but i would if the reasons i am going to talk about in a minute weren't a problem. And i don't know how it does it but it makes my lashes look amazing. I have pretty crappy lashes as they go and after just a couple of layers of this, my lashes look longer and more defined and blacker then black, but i expect nothing less from a 'Ultra Black' version of a mascara. I don't find it to be clumpy and it separates really nicely. 

The applicator is a plastic wand rather then the fibre bristley wand (I'm sure you understand what i mean) which is the one i usually go for, and that does normally do something pretty decent to my lashes, regardless of the brand or the claims on the packaging. It is a little different then the other types i have tried in the past as it is curved rather then the generic straight wand, which personally i don't have a huge problem with, but for some people i can see it making the application a little more messy as you do have to be extra careful to stop yourself blobbing your mascara on your eyelid or under eye. It does however, work really well at really curling your lashes and for someone who has super straight and pointy lashes to say, that really says something about the mascara. 

Now onto the niggles. This mascara is a really great product and it makes your lashes look amazing during the day but oh my god, it's so difficult to remove. I can use cleanser after cleanser, scrub with makeup wipes, literally use up half a bottle of micellar water and still, in the morning i will wake up looking like a panda. It has great lasting power granted, it's not going to flake off on a night out but damn this stuff is difficult to remove. It dries like glue and i can literally pull lashes out trying to remove this stuff, which is never great. But, if you are the sort of person that can deal with removing mascara well, i hear benefit they're real is a real bitch to remove too, so if you can deal with that, that you'll love this. I wear it when i'm going to be out all day or when it' raining and although this is waterproof, i have never found an issue with this coming off. 

This is actually my favourite mascara of the moment(closely followed by an NYC one i tried for my twenty pound makeup challenge and still LOVE)and i would recommend this for a long wearing mascara choice. I love the finish it gives and it's worth a go if you are in a similar situation to me with your lashes. Maybelline mascara's are generally pretty good and have one for everyone, so i'd recommend you had a look at the brushes before picking one up, because they make some really awesome mascaras with wands that you might like more then this if this doesn't look for you.

Thankyou so much guys, It's my 18th next week so i'll probably have a birthday haul depending on what i get, so look out for that. 
And for those who are wondering, I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!!

Love, Jo x 

No comments:

Post a Comment