Tuesday 14 April 2015

The Body Shop BB Cream Saviour...

Before i get into this post, let me just get this out there. 
I have dry, spot prone skin. I'm a teenager for goodness sake, hormones hate me, what can i say?

But recently, maybe it's just an influx of my teenager- ness coming to haunt me or the contrast between the freezing cold winter weather and the warm spring air, but my skin has been horrible. All my normal moisturisers have barely scratched the surface and all the foundations I've tried have sat on my skin and oxidized, drying out my skin a hell of a lot more. I've tried without but i'm one of those people who really struggle leaving the house without something to cover my spots. 
In a last ditch attempt for something to work, i dug out a reasonably old, virtually used up BB Cream from the Body Shop that i used to love. After squeezing out the remnants and re-discovering why i loved it so much in the first place, i bought myself a replacement and it's all I've used since. 

I'm a big advocate for the Body Shop ever since my friend introduced me to it last year. This may have started as being mainly due to her Mum working for Body Shop at home and as a result being able to get me reductions and special offers on nearly anything i wanted but it began to be more then that. Yes, the products are slightly overpriced in my opinion but compared to other products i have tried, i love the scents, the finishes and the results for my skin across the board. 

This Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream is no exception. I know Tea tree is supposed to be super drying but honestly, i have found this to have the perfect consistency on my skin. It blends out well and sits the best out of any BB cream or foundation on my skin and gives a really lovely finish, not too matte but not too glowy. I've found that the Tea Tree, spot reducing effects to work to some degree, (but then my skin doesn't tend to respond to many products, I've found prevention is much better then cure  for my skin after a lot of trial and error) and the scent smells slightly 'medicinal' but not as bad as some i have tried. Personally i like the smell of the product, and of tea tree in general but it is reasonably strong and i can understand why some people wouldn't. 

I've found the best way to apply this is with a dense buffing brush to really buff it into the skin as it can leave streaks if not blended in properly due to the consistency of the product. I'd say it has a medium coverage but you do not need too much to really get a nice finish on the product, which justifies slightly that for £8 a bottle, you only get 40ml of product. It comes in three shades, 01, 02 and 03 which is slightly minimal but only speaking for myself, I've found the product perfect, shade-wise. 



Anyway, that's enough ramble. But i can safely say that this is defiantly one of my firm favorites at the moment.
I'll probably be posting a few times in the next few days due to the fact I keep finding loads of random things i love but i'm going away tonight until tomorrow night so i'll see when i have time! 
Thanks Guys x   

No comments:

Post a Comment