Tuesday 21 April 2015

Best Matte Top Coat....

I'm one of those people who really love painting my nails. Okay, i know its super girly but choosing colours and spending a little time making something that's pretty boring, not boring is rather enjoyable for me. And as the least artistic person, being able to create something is really satisfying to me. And i know a lot of people feel the same.


I feel like everyone needs some sort of top coat and that generally goes without saying. But recently I've really been loving the matte look and after literally standing in Superdrug with a matte colour in one hand and a matte top coat in another, i finally decided on this Barry M Matte top coat. And i adore it. 


It goes on super smoothly and sets really quickly. In fact, I've actually found that even if i put it on over an old nail polish that doesn't apply very smoothly and refuses to set, this can sort out the finish and even make it set faster which to me is a god send. It's gotten to the stage where i barely use any other top coats apart from this one from Barry M because i love the consistency and finish so much. This picture shows it over a Rimmel Polish 'Lose your Lingerie' that i'm not a massive fan of, it's a bit streaky and the brush is a bit big but the top coat definitely does something pretty impressive to it, the coverage becomes more smooth and it set much more quickly with a much more opaque finish as you can see. 


In regards to the finish, it does what it says on the tin and i haven't found one nail polish from my extensive collection that it doesn't leave as super matte. Even on my nails it feels great, it's kind of extra smooth, a bit hard to describe but my nails defiantly feel more smooth and almost soft after applying this over the top of my nail polish. It's almost like it takes the top layer off, i'm not sure how it works, but it definitely does something pretty damn cool. 

It also DEFINITELY prolongs the length of time that my nail polish lasts without chipping. I'm definitely careless and impatient with my nail polish and also end up chipping it or smudging it but with this top coat i can get a good couple of days perfect wear out of my polish, sometimes if i'm extra careful i might even get a week out of it! I know, i was shocked too! 


I'd definitely recommend you give this a go if your after something like this, because honestly, for the price of £2.99 i cant fault it and as this is my third bottle i've repurchased, i wouldn't even dream of swapping it for another product unless it really was a miracle polish. Plus, i know Barry M are a tad hit and miss with their polishes but as this is not only cheaper but an amazing product, for £2.99, i think everyone should have a bottle in their collection! 

Anyway, thanks for putting up with my ramble guys! 
Jo x 

No comments:

Post a Comment