Monday 27 April 2015

Go Ape...

We went to go ape on on Sunday for my friends 17th, and it was so much fun. I'm not athletic, I'm not fit, I can barely walk up the stairs most of the time, but it really was 'family fun' that everyone can get involved in. 
We went as a group of 6 16/17 year olds and it cost us about £30 each but for a solid 3-4 hours of pretty much none stop climbing and swinging and just doing things that push your comfort zone but not too much that's it's totally frightening, it's pretty damn good value. 
It's done in such a way where the groups are small enough so there is very very little waiting around and you can just get straight into it, everyone is supportive and you can go at your own pace along the paths and swings and you don't feel under pressure to go faster or push yourself beyond your comfort zone. There is options so there is no need to go down the 'extreme' routes with choices the harder areas for people who might struggle a little more. There is also a completely separate kids section so there is not to much noise or faffing around in the trees. 
It was high up, so yes, if your massively scared of heights that might be an issue, but my friend isn't too great with them, and she thoroughly enjoyed it as much as everyone else. I don't think it's really a test of ability either which is great as for someone who is not fit and agile, I still enjoyed myself and another of my friends who is fit and loves climbing and virtually lives in a harness, still found it fun. 
My advice, have a go! Because why not? :) 
Thanks guys x 


No comments:

Post a Comment