Saturday 21 November 2015

Clearasil Toner...

So as someone who is prone to breakouts and has dry skin, it is often difficult for me to find a skin product that helps my spot prone skin but doesn't dry my skin out too much. When i first bought this product i didn't actually go out for this specific one, and i only bought it because it was cheap and i thought it was worth a try. And surprisingly, i loved it.

This toner isn't anything special in the actual 'toner' department, i'm sure there are plenty of other toners that are much better then this and do wonderful amazing things for your skin, but it does what i want it to, it gives a thorough cleanse and makes my skin feel clean and refreshed without feeling dry or tight. The funky bit of this is that i've never found a product like this that really works in clearing the skin, without being drying and uncomfortable, especially after long term use. I also think it helps to prevent breakouts as it actually feels like it is doing something when i use it as it tingles and has a real deep cleaning feeling that some people might not like especially if you have sensitive skin, but i definitely felt the results after using this for a couple of weeks. I found that i had less spots, and when i did get them they weren't half as bad as they normally were and cleared up super quickly.  

Another super bonus with this, is that is really does smell nice. For a product like this that has to be medicated in some way, they have managed to live up to the 'Superfruit' claim and the smell is light and fruity without being too strong or sweet where it makes you not want to put it on your face. The toner itself is in a very liquid form, and i just pop a bit onto a cotton pad and wipe across my face, avoiding my eyes, and even if i have deep cleansed just before, it still manages to find some crap on my face to remove. If my skin is particularly bad, i'll often just work the toner on the cotton pad into that specific spot for a little longer then normal, until i can feel it tingling and stinging a little, and within a couple of hours the spot already looks smaller and less angry. This to me is one of the few products that i have found actually manage to help reduce the look of my breakouts and i have tried many let me tell you.

In all, there isn't much to say about this except for the fact that it is without a doubt one of my absolute favourite skin care essentials. I always try and use this product if i can, especially when i'm having a bad skin day, so if your on the market for a good simple toner which has spot reducing qualities, this is worth checking out, although it is safe to say that even though something might work for me, it might not work for you so be warned. I also know there are a couple of different Clearasil toner's so when this runs out, i might try a different one if i see one that takes my fancy so any recommendation would be gladly received. 

I'm tempted to do a skincare routine sometime when i really settle into my winter skincare regime, so keep a look out for that! I hope everyone is having lovely days and thankyou for reading x
Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment