Tuesday 8 December 2015

The Body Shop Lightning Drops....




Okay, so after my massive hiatus recently, i'm back! But i must warn you up until the start of my Christmas holidays next week i might still be a bit absent, I've just been so super ridiculously busy. I've been out every weekend and working every night and panicking about Uni every other second so i've barely had a moments rest over the past couple of weeks. So what's changed? I've opened my first week of advent calendars which i am LOVING, and i will definitely get a post up  about some products next because i know i promised, but what can you do? 
I've also done a tiny bit of Christmas shopping, which has brought me to this product funnily enough. My friend's mum has done body shop parties for forever and a day and i love going to them, especially near Christmas because i know i'll get a good deal one way or another, and a week or so ago, i went to one in particular where everything had 40% off, which i couldn't pass up! I'd had my eye on these drops since they were released as i do find that especially in winter, i really struggle to find a good foundation shade that doesn't make me look orange, but this really is a great product for that and i can't recommend this enough for those pale girls like me out there.


So essentially what it is, is a super highly pigmented white foundation that you mix into your regular foundation and apply as normal and it makes the colour a little paler. It might be worth mentioning at this point that there is also a darkening drops, which is like a dark brown and makes the foundation darker, which i may have to pick up in the summer if i get any colour and i imagine would be good for girls who have a slightly darker skin then yours truly. 

I found personally that the drops also seem to add just a little bit of coverage to my foundation, which i actually really like as it can mean that i end up using less foundation and less of the drops, which is always good. I like to use this and build it up a little bit in my problem areas which works really well and adds just enough coverage which doesn't look cakey which is always a positive. 
The drops also in my opinion don't add any more weight to the foundation, which seems mad i know as it does add coverage, but i have tried it with numerous foundations and have found that it feels heavy or sticky on my skin at all. My favourite foundation to use it with at the moment is the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation which i picked up a couple of weeks ago and am really enjoying, but i also have loved it with more 'watery' foundations like the Lancome Miracle Air de Teint, which does thicken the foundation up a little but doesn't effect the texture too much.

One slight bug bear with this product is to do with the packaging. When using the little dropper, with mine it only gives one tiny drop before i have to refill, which is a bit of a pain as it makes it a bit more inconvenient to use, but i feel like this might just be a bit of a fault with my specific bottle, i doubt it'll be a range wide problem. But it is just a little something to look out for with this product.

These drops are available for £10 from the body shop, which may sound expensive but for that, you do get a quite a lot of product and it really does last. You only need the tiniest amount to visibly lighten the foundation and according to the website this product only requires '1 drop for 1/2 shade lighter' which i would agree with. So, if you do find foundations are a little dark for you, i'd definitely try this out, i haven't yet found any adverse reactions of it to my skin yet, if anything my breakouts have been better but that is probably just a coincidence, but it does demonstrate that for me, it hasn't done anything terrible yet. It also has not managed to dry my skin out anymore then my normal foundation does, so i'd also call that a bonus. This is the first one of these products i have seen on the 'drugstore' market, and it's a really good price, so treat yourself! 

Thanks for reading guys, I'll try and be a bit more active but i break up for the Christmas holidays next week so if i don't post before then, they'll definitely be one up next weekend. 
Jo x 

No comments:

Post a Comment